Analog Switch ManufacturersAnalog switches or multiplexers are very useful in routing analog or RF signals on a board. The key parameters in selecting a analog switch is the on resistance, the on and off capacitance, and the supply voltage range. As a rule the smaller the supply voltage the lower the on resistance and capacitance. Packages range from single to quad. The critical component in selecting analog switches for higher frequency designs is the input capacitance. RF switches are higher frequency analog switches.
The ADG711BR from analog devices is a decent quad switchwith an on resistance of only 5 ohms and a on-capacitance of only 22pf, and only costs about a buck in larger quantity.
- Analog Devices - Wide variety of ICs.
- Austria Microsystems - Lots of analog ICs.
- Intersil - Large variety of specialized semiconductors.
- Linear Technologies - Manufacturer of a wide variety of ICs. Note LTC4053 - USB battery Charger
- Pericom - Semiconductor manufacturer, most know for analog switches.